Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Beeeeets!

Clearly I am having a beet week. Well, I bought about 3 pounds of loose beets last week, and I roasted them all up on my day off. I have decided this is my new favorite thing: having roasted beets at the ready. I was able to use them on my super-yummy pizza last night, and tonight I utilized the rest of them in this gratin. I took the idea from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian. I can't remember exactly what herb he calls for, but my method is this:

2 lbs. roasted, peeled beets
3 oz. fresh, soft goat cheese
3/4 c. chunky bread crumbs
1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 400. Spray a small casserole with non-stick cooking spray. Slice the beets into rounds about 1/4 inch thick and arrange in overlapping rings in casserole. Sprinkle rosemary, salt and pepper evenly over beets. Crumble goat cheese over them as well. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the beets and also into the bread crumbs in a bowl and mix well. Sprinkle evenly over the beet mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until bread crumbs have browned nicely. Enjoy!

No comments:


gingerfoodie

working mom, wife, cat lover, gardener and, oh yes, foodie.

Search This Blog